The new business continuity certification standard ISO 22301 specifies requirements for setting up and managing an effective Business Continuity Management System (BCMS). It is auditable, enabling organisations to demonstrate compliance.
Benefits of ISO 22301
- Minimising risk – The new management certification programme aims to increase resilience when faced with organisational threat.
- Boosting resilience – The continuity certification is designed to help organisations enhance their capability to handle disruption and protect brand reputation when integrated with business planning.
- Reducing costs – The programme necessitates action plan rehearsals which mean that, should the worst happen, the organisation's financial position is protected.
Why choose LRQA for ISO 22301?
- LRQA has a long standing relationship with the Business Continuity Institute who are leaders in BCM development.
Proven track record
- We have high profile clients in the IT, defence, government, justice, and telecommunications sectors.
- LRQA has been carrying out assessments against international BCM standards for many years and our experience will benefit your organisation.
What is ISO 22301 certification?
Based on the BS 25999 standard, ISO 22301 introduces a requirement for metrics for to obtain a continuity management certification, as well as additional emphasis for BCMS operational planning and setting controls.
BS 25999 will be withdrawn, so new clients are assessed against ISO 22301. For companies that already have certification to BS 25999, the required transition to the new standard is relatively straightforward and can be done within the UKAS-dictated timeline.
Using industry best practice guide as a foundation, the standard has been introduced specifically to enable you to understand, develop and implement a structured and formalised BCM system and process which will help minimise risk and so the chance of disruption to your organisation.